another escape

16:25


A week or so ago, I took a trip down to a street jam packed with quaint shops and corner cafés; home to the infamously sinful Plain Vanilla bakery, as well as Books Actually, with its extensive collection of vintages.
To my stomach's disappointment, Plain Vanilla was closed (cons of a public holiday), so I settled on a little bit of local food at the end of the street. A little quickly turned into a lot, and a lot ended up in the beginnings of a food coma. Nevertheless, we ventured on to whatever shops were open. 

  Thankfully, Books Actually was a pleasant exploration-- addictive, really. I bought my first magazine-esque lifestyle book, Another Escape*. Despite having only gone for the aesthetics of the cover (rather shallowly, I'd suppose), I found it to be the kind of thing you'd read by the windowsill with acoustics** in the background and whatnot.
 The typography and layout of the book was, aesthetically, more towards a minimalistic look, allowing for focus on certain images. I wasn't too taken by the font, but it complimented the look nicely. Overall, it's a worthwhile buy, for enthusiasts of well written lifestyle articles and photography.

  If only there wasn't school so often, I'd be able to explore so much more. It's alright though, because I can probably find another excuse to come by again.

  Till next time!









 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

search

Subscribe