melbourne meandering

00:03


If there's one drink I can find absolutely everywhere in Melbourne it is a good, no-nonsense coffee. In the one city I've been to where all possible Starbucks outlets have been overrun by corner cafes and gourmet roasters, I've never quite enjoyed cappuccinos as much as this, especially under a strong, (mildly) cold winter sun.








Tucked away between the iron fences of an unobtrusive car garage, one wouldn't expect there to be the brightly lit, generously spacious coffee roasting gem that is Vertue of the Coffee Drink. Time allowing for a laid back brunch, we settled ourselves in amongst the tastefully simple decor.



Top: Scotch egg, cotechino, pig skin cracker, piccalilli mayonnaise, onion marmalade, brioche soldiers
Bottom: Avocado, Ricotta, Popcorn, Lemon
There's a certain charm to toast cut into cuboids rather than slices. I don't quite mind a sumptuous pork crackling skin either, really. What blew me away was the avocado-- never before has half an avocado been so palatable, infused with ricotta, lemon oil and a healthy dose of popcorn because why wouldn't you?

Post brunch wandering brought me past a plethora of furniture/lifestyle shops, but the plant-oriented display drew me in, where I was eventually (willingly) coerced into purchasing a couple of de-stress candles for home.





The Vertue of the Coffee Drinker
http://vertuecoffee.com.au/
8 Raffa Place
Carlton, 3053
Melbourne
+61 03 8060 6987
Tait.
http://madebytait.com.au/
176 Johnson St
Fitzroy, 3065
Melbourne
+61 3 9419 7484

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Did I tell you about this place? What camera did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also the avocado looks so heavenly and that toast!!!

      Delete
    2. My Melbourne-native friend told me to come here; I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise!! It's literally hole-in-the-wall from first glance but the inside is really nice. I used my iPhone to take these pics, hence the square crop .. the avo was amazing and much much fresher than you could ever get back home.

      Delete

Popular Posts

search

Subscribe