up in the air

02:53

Hello to New Zealand and deliciously cool weather!

I'm currently watching the sunset and drinking homemade soda (10:1 soda water to syrup ratio works every time), thinking about how crazy this holiday has been so far. I'm always reminded of what this vast land has to offer; I never get tired of coming here-- there's always something new to do.

In today's case, this "something new" was a breathtaking helicopter ride over snow-capped mountain ridges, through the fiords and valleys and past looming cliffs. The term "bird's eye view" had a whole new meaning to it, after soaring and gliding over glassy lakes and feeling like a bird in flight.

We landed on a glacier for a while during the trip; the feeling of snow in summer was certainly a strange one. Through the fiords, we flew to a secluded beach, right by the sea. If there's one main takeaway I had from today, it would be that cold seawater is not something you would want to touch on a windy morning when you're wearing trainers.

Before my big photo spam, however, I'd just like to take a moment to gush about the absolutely gorgeous new watch that arrived in the mail just in time for this trip. I chanced upon the brand online a while ago, and recently decided to get one. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made this year. It's hardy, durable and yet simple and very, very, aesthetically appealing. I've found that it automatically becomes usable in practically every situation, even my adventuring through the wilderness.

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

search

Subscribe